I know Thanksgiving is over, but I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes. This delicious sweet potato casserole is easy to make and I look forward to making it again for Christmas!
- 3 cups roasted organic sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic pecans, chopped
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Gluten Free Bob’s Red Mill Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl mix sweet potatoes, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add eggs and beat well.
2. In a medium bowl mix ingredients for the topping.
3. Pour sweet potato mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over potato mixture.
4. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove and let stand 10 minutes. Dig in and enjoy!
If you want some additional crunchiness, you can heat up the broiler after removing your casserole from the oven and then pop it back under for another minute or so until the top is bubbly. Sometimes I do this step, and sometimes I can’t wait that extra minute and just have to dig in!