“Oh the weather outside is frightful….” It has been the kind of weekend to just stay inside hang out in sweats and cuddle up on the sofa with a nice cup of hot cocoa. About a month ago we went with a group of friends to a log cabin for the weekend. One of my friends found this recipe and we wanted to make it dairy free by using some almond milk. This by far is the best hot chocolate I have ever had! It is so creamy and delicious and has the perfect amount of sweetness…Have I convinced you yet? Look, even my son approved…
Don’t worry, he eventually came up for air…
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup organic pure maple syrup
- 4 cups unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan mix cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, water, and maple syrup.
2. Cook on medium high heat. Stir until mixture begins to boil.
4. Add almond milk and stir until heated through (Do not let boil).
5. Remove saucepan from the heat and add vanilla extract. Serve and enjoy!