Weekends are a time for me to catch up on errands and some baking. One thing that is a must is my Gluten Free Pancakes. My kiddo loves these so much, that I make a double batch so that he can have enough for breakfast during the week.
When I first switched my lil man to a gluten free diet, the hardest thing to change was his breakfast cereal. He ate the organic cinnamon crunch cereal and did not want to change that. We tried the Van’s gluten free cinnamon crunch, but he refused to eat it because it looked different. (my kiddo is difficult like that sometimes…) I really wanted to give the gluten free a fair shot, so I came up with a gluten free and dairy free pancake batter. He loved them and requested them all the time. So I figured, it was easier to just make a bunch and let him have that for breakfast. Let me tell you, his breakfast is probably much healthier than those cereals anyway. Plus he’s also having the added fruit with it in the morning. Win Win!
- 3/4 cup +2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup organic quinoa flakes
- 2 tbsp organic golden ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp aluminum free, gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp organic applesauce (if this is not available, subbing coconut oil will do – I find that the applesauce makes them fluffier)
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
4. With a dab of coconut oil, cook your pancakes in a pan on medium heat.