My son loves pizza. He would eat it every meal if I let him. I originally found this great recipe for baked chicken parmesan and gave it a slightly creative name in order to appeal to my kiddo…. “Pizza Chicken”. That sold him, and he loved and often requested I make him “Pizza Chicken”. When we started the elimination of histamine and gluten from his diet, I had to find a new way to make this recipe for him. I was on the hunt for gluten free breadcrumbs, but everything I found was pretty much bland panko flakes with other processed junk in it.
When I originally made the recipe, I used croutons and ground them into crumbs… maximum flavor! So I tried seeking out gluten free croutons or something similar and ended up finding Rudi’s Gluten Free Stuffing Mix… Perfect!
- 4 organic chicken breast, fat trimmed
- 2 cups Rudi’s gluten free seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cups organic Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp cold pressed Macadamia Nut Oil (this is a high heat oil with a nice buttery flavor on foods)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Tomato-less Sauce
- sea salt
- black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. In a small bowl add macadamia nut oil. Lightly brush macadamia oil onto the chicken, both sides. Dip chicken into crumb mixture until chicken is completely coated and place on the lined baking sheet.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Then turn chicken and bake another 5 minutes.
I thought that this came out even better than the original version… It was so flavorful and just darn good! And left-overs are the best too! Enjoy.