I love banana nut bread! I love banana nut granola! I used to eat the Bear Naked Banana Nut Granola until I sadly found out it was NOT non-gmo. I was a sad panda… This was a while ago, but lately I’ve been really missing that yummy taste of banana bread in a bowl. So I came up with this recipe. It came out awesome! My husband agrees… I may have to fight him over it 🙂
- 2 cups organic rolled oats (use GF rolled oats for gluten free option)
- 1/4 cup organic ground flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup organic raw whole pecans
- 1/2 cup raw whole almonds
- 1/2 cup organic raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup banana chips (organic if available)
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup organic hemp seeds
- *1/4 cup organic sprouted quinoa (optional)
- 1/2 cup organic puffed millet cereal
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice cereal
- 4 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 3 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed organic ripe banana (1 large or 2 medium bananas)
- 1/4 tsp organic ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Pour wet mixture onto dry and stir well. Be sure to incorporate it well so that it will be nice and sticky for great clusters when baking in the oven.
6. Bake for 37 minutes* at 325F. The batch must be flipped and rotated every 10 minutes for even browning. When flipping the granola, use a spatula and flip gently in large sections each time to try to maintain large clusters.
*My oven tends to run on a bit hot, so the last 10 minutes I keep a close eye, it browns quickly and sometimes needs to be taken out a few minutes ahead of time. Time may vary depending on how hot your oven may run.
Be sure to let granola cool completely before storing in an airtight container or it may loose some of its crunchy goodness.