I haven’t posted many of my dinner recipes on this blog and thought it would be nice to share. One thing we tend to eat most in my home is chicken. We don’t do red meat often and we try to incorporate fish once in a while. But chicken is easiest since it is a good lean source of protein that my son will eat and enjoy. This dish is a fairly straight forward one and quite delicious.
- 2 cups organic shredded cooked chicken (I used 2 chicken breasts)
- 1/3 cup chopped organic onion
- 3 tbsp chopped organic cilantro
- 1 small hungarian wax pepper diced (or pepper of choice)
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice from 1/2 organic lime
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cumin
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups green chile sauce, home made or store bought (I use this)
- 2 cups organic shredded mozzarella cheese (or any other choice of organic cheese)
- 12 6-inch organic corn tortillas ( I use Food For Life )
- organic olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl combine chicken, onion, cilantro, pepper, black beans, lime juice, ground cumin, 1/2 cup green chile sauce, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss together and combine well.
3. Brush both sides of tortillas lightly with olive oil and lay them on a parchment lined cookie sheet in stacks of two. Heat tortillas in oven until soft, about 3 minutes.
4. Spread 1/2 cup of green chile sauce in the bottom of a 10×13 inch baking dish. Place 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla. Roll up tortilla and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with other tortillas.
5. Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 375 F until enchiladas are heated through and the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown, about 20-25 minutes.
This dish is so tasty and perfectly satisfying. Enjoy!