During the holidays my son asked me to make gingerbread man cookies. At first I was surprised and then a little confused…. I wasn’t sure if he wanted actual gingerbread cookies (he’s never had them before) or if he wanted cookies just in the shape of the gingerbread man. My husband and I decided, lets try the gingerbread man cookies and see how it goes. I found a wonderful gingerbread men recipe on minimalistbaker.com. They are vegan and gluten free and taste absolutely AMAZING!
* side note – when I made these cookies I used 1 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose flour and added 1 1/2 tbsp of organic cocoa powder (not dutch processed).
Anyway, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do for the icing for the cookies. Royal icing seemed the common used icing for gingerbread cookies, but I didn’t desire that. It being the holidays, I had So Delicious Coconut milk Nog in my fridge (sooo good!). My thinking was that the Nog would be a perfect flavor combo with the cookies. So I created this icing recipe.
- 1 tbsp soy free Earth Balance, melted
- 2 tbsp So Delicious coconut milk Nog
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp organic ground nutmeg
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp organic powdered sugar, sifted
2. Scoop icing in a piping bag if you have one available. Be sure cookies have completely cooled and pipe icing as you desire onto the cookies. Enjoy! It takes about 10 – 20 minutes for icing to completely harden. Store cookies in an airtight container.