I’m sure you can tell by now that I love muffins. They make such a perfect snack and are a great way to combine nutrients. I have always love zucchini bread and muffins and wanted to come up with a gluten free recipe of my own. After a little research I came up with a few ideas and created an awesome recipe (in my humble opinion 🙂 ).
- 3 cups grated organic zucchini (about 2 medium sized)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup cooked organic quinoa
- 1/2 cup organic flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup organic raw walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line your muffin tin with parchment cups.
5. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake at 350F for 20 – 21 minutes for full size muffins and 15 minutes for mini size muffins. I like to bake a combination of both 🙂 Remove carefully from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.